It's sad, but maybe not surprising, that we are postponing all outdoor group events until further notice in light of the Coronavirus crisis. Our members health and well-being is of the utmost importance to us, as is following the official guidelines and doing our bit to try and stop the spread of the virus.
Dirty Wknd exists to unite people, to foster a sense of community and to help people get the best out of themselves. The Coronavirus lockdown certainly makes our job a bit more difficult, but we think that now is exactly the time that communities like ours, and others in the cycling and running world, are needed more than ever. We will continue to do all we can to help people connect, get active and explore, and we will 100% be resuming outdoor operations as soon as we're allowed. If you wish to get involved with community activities (below) then you can very much still join the club.
We're basing our decision on the advice of the government and the response of British Cycling, which you can read here.
Please read below for what these updates mean in real terms. Please also note that in such a fluid situation the below may change at very short notice, we'll keep everyone updated as best we can.
What's Off (the bad news!)
- Outdoor events are postponed. This is any outdoor rides, runs etc. currently on the app or website
- Any 'partner events' on the members app will have to be checked directly, but it's a pretty safe bet that these are off too
- If you're at all unsure you can email for a chat
Whats On (the good news!)
- Indoor/Zwift group rides aplenty! For those that are able to join, we will be running as many Zwift group rides as we can
- Anyone not yet set up on Zwift, check out our 'Zwift on a Budget' blog.
- We do encourage solo riding as per official guidelines. We will be setting up a 'Route of the Weekend' for each area, to give you inspiration for solo rides
- Keep an eye on our London Rides feed for details of the weekly routes
- Weekly challenges. These will typically be solo cycling and running challenges (i.e Regent's Park 5 lap TT effort, 5km PB effort). Again keep an eye out on the app for details
- We will be bringing you weekly fitness challenges through the app for you to complete. They will be easily done at home with very minimal equipment
- We will also be posting to the app the best 'follow along' fitness videos & live streams from our partner accounts (Digme Fitness etc) so that members can join in as a group and exercise 'together'
- Other community activities to keep ourselves sane: book club, Netflix 'film nights' (quarantine & chill anyone?) and loads more. In these trying times, we really are going to need all of our community spirit, and to get a bit creative!
As well as all of the above, we'll be posting loads of information blogs, running some basic maintenance videos/Q&As and trying to provide you with all the useful information we can from ourselves and our partners.
We'll update things as and when we need to based on the official guidance. If you want really up to date info then keep an eye on Members App. If you're not currently a member and want to get involved then we would love to have you join the community.
In the meantime we urge everyone to stay safe, be sensible and follow the rules. Any questions or comments the please email us. We're happy to chat during these tough times.
Thanks for reading,