The weekend will comprise a mix of watching the Tour de Yorkshire and cycling some of the route as well as other great roads. On the rides there will be 2 ride groups heading in the same direction, with one group for intermediate/advanced riders and a second group covering less distance at a slower pace! Riders will get to witness as much as the professional race as possible (depending on the route). You'll also get to see the riders at close quarters. If you’ve never witnessed this before, it’s a great experience and carries a real buzz!
Our partners Yorkshire Velo Tours will be taking care of all of the logistics and organisation of the weekend, and as such will take care of payment details. When you sign up on the link above we'll send you more info including how to pay
• Friday - Ideally travel to Ilkley early Friday morning and check in to the B&B. Afternoon ride & hopefully watching parts of stage 1. If you want to arrive later on Friday you can.
• Saturday - Breakfast, group ride including part of the TDY route as well as some of the 2014 Tour de France route
• Saturday evening - Group evening dinner at a local independent restaurant. If you prefer to eat separately arrangements can be made.
• Sunday - Breakfast, group ride and watching parts of the Tour
• Sunday Evening - Optional group dinner or chill out at B&B
• Monday - Breakfast, early morning ride & departure
*2018 TDY Trip Reviews:
"Had an excellent time with Yorkshire Velo Tours. It was professionally led and having a support vehicle is a wonderful experience. We were superbly led by the ride leaders and the support mechanic was also ace." Ryen
"We were blessed with stunning weather for the Tour de Yorkshire race weekend, and the ride leaders knew exactly where we should be for the best cycling and spectating experience. I am not the fastest thing on 2 wheels (up hills), so on at least one occasion I gratefully climbed aboard Chris' excellent support vehicle. The great thing is you can really go for it knowing there is a get out if your legs fail you! Also, as a solo traveller I was made to feel very welcome. I would highly recommend Yorkshire Velo Tours - they know all the best routes and cafes!” Joanna
- Train from Kings Cross - Approx. 3.5 hours
- Drive Approx. 4 hours (depending on traffic). Where possible we will try and help people 'car share' to reduce costs.
- Once you have booked we will liaise with you directly re. transport options
Please note that this trip does not include any travel, food (except breakfast) or bike hire. Personal insurance is also not provided but recommended.
If you have any questions before booking please message us (below) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This trip is open to all, but if you're unsure of your level please get in touch :)
As a partner of ours we have already negotiated the price down to as low as possible for this trip with YVT - so your membership discount code is not applicable for this weekend.