- Saturday 7th March 2020 @ 9am
- Meeting at @ The Plough Inn (Map Link)
- Ride, drive, or train to the start (details below)
- Take on the Leith Hill Octopus - Route Details
- 90km & 1700 metres of climbing (8 ascents of Leith Hill)
- Non-led/self supported ride/sportive
- Groups will be formed on the morning at the pub
- Perfect season opener
- Post sportive beers & food at The Plough Inn
- Free for club members (£39 per year) - click here for details
Take On The Leith Hill Octopus On A Social Sportive!
The Leith Hill Octopus is a famous UK cycling challenge and a must do for cyclists in the south east. There are 8 ascents up the famous leith hill, all different, all challenging. With 90km and 1700 metres of climbing, all within a fairly small radius, you can bet there's a lot of up and down!
This is a self led/sportive event that's not sign posted, so we recommend you the have the route downloaded. Groups will form naturally at the cafe starting point, and you will be able to ride the route in your own time, stopping where and when you want, finishing up at the The Plough Inn for a well deserved drink.
After the ride we will hang out at the Plough Inn (hopefully in the sun) for food and drinks, before either riding back to Dorking train station, or ride all the way back to The Dynamo (it's up to you).
Sign up on the link above and we will send you all the info you need around 48 hours before the sportive date. Whilst this event is open to all, it's a long ride with a decent amount of climbing so we would not recommend it for complete beginners. If you're unsure or want to chat about the ride just email or message us (below).
Getting to the start:
We have decided to start the ride in the Surrey Hills, so it's up to you if you want to ride to that start (there will be a group riding down from The Dynamo at 7am) or you can get the train to Dorking and ride from there, or drive down and park at any of the Leith Hill car parks.
- Ride - Meet at 6:30am @ The Dynamo (Map Link) Route to start (Click Here). Please note that this is not a 'led' ride to the Plough, and you're responsible for getting yourself there.
- Train - London / Clapham Junction - Dorking (5km ride to start)
- Drive - Park in one of the Leith Hill car parks (Map Link)
Dirty Wknd club members get this ride free as part of their membership, as well as 10-50% off with our partner brands. Click Here for full info and to join the club.
If you have any questions before booking please message us (below) or email email@example.com.