- Saturday 27th July @ 8am
- Four Boroughs, Crystal Palace (Map Link)
- Roll out after 8am (when you're ready)
- Route details - Click Here
- Ride London to Eastbourne for The Cycling Festival
- Cafe/Cake stop at 'Pooh Corner' halfway (50km)
- Self led 'sportive' ride - groups will form on the morning
- Seafront bike race watching, including Thundercrit on arrrival
- Beers, food & hanging out at the beach
- Club members racing in Thundercrit race
- Train return to Clapham/Victoria when you're ready
- Stay in Eastbourne for the night & post race party (details below)*
- Ride back to London on Sunday after more racing (or train back)
- Sign up above and we'll send you full details 48 hours before the ride
- Join an essex ride to finish @ Thundercrit - Click Here
Ride To Eastbourne For Beers, Beaches & Bike Racing!
To celebrate summer and the 'Thundercrit by the sea' event taking place on the 27th July, we will be riding from Four Boroughs to the Eastbourne sea front, through beautiful Kent lanes. Once arriving at the beach, we'll enjoy the Eastbourne Cycling festival on the seafront, including Thundercrit. With beers on the beach of course!
The ride itself is a glorious spin through the Ashdown forest, stopping at the world famous 'Pooh Corner' (the largest collection of 'poohphranelia' in the world). The Ashdown Forest was the home of A. A. Milne and the inspiration for 100 Acre Wood, so this Winnie the Pooh themed cafe and museum is a must! From here it's a straight run to the beach.
The Eastbourne Cycling Festival sees all manner of bikes racing each other on a short course around the promenade, which means loads of opportunities to watch the racing. We'll also set up a camp on the beach, close to the bar and food, to spend the afternoon. Thundercrit racing starts at around 6pm, however you are free to get the train back to London when you are ready.
*Staying In Eastbourne
There is a group of us staying in Eastbourne for the Saturday night to enjoy all the racing and more importantly the Thundercrit after party! Not only that but there is more bike racing to enjoy on the Saturday morning, as well as the possibility to ride back to London on the Sunday. If you're interested in making a full weekend out of it then please Email Us for more details.
Come and join us for a great ride and to watch some exciting bike racing on the beach. Club members will be racing at the event, so it would be great to give them loads of support.
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. You can also see what our members say about us by reading our Google reviews - Click Here.
Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above. If this is your first ride please enter your email in the footer below for a 'free ride' code
Look forward to seeing you there!