- Sunday 13th May between @ 8:30 - 9:30am
- Meet at The Dynamo Cafe, Putney (Map Link)
- 40-80km Surrey Ride (depending on group)
- All routes take on parts of the official route
- Coffee & cake stop halfway
- 6 Groups of different abilities (beginner to intermediate)
- Groups 1 & 2 - Route Details (Click Here)
- Groups 3 & 4 - Route Details (Click Here)
- Groups 5 & 6 - Route Details (Click Here)
- Different route distances/speeds - Pick group above*
- Perfect practise for London To Brighton Bike Ride
- Return to Putney approx. 1-2pm
- Post ride socialising @ The Dynamo (optional)
- Full details emailed to you 24 Hours before
- £1 donation to BHF for every person signed up
Train For BHF London To Brighton Bike Ride!
The British Heart Foundation London to Brighton Bike Ride on the 17th June 2018 is a fantastic event, a tough challenge and really rewarding day out on the bike. We're incredibly pleased to be teaming up with British Heart Foundation to help you to train for the event so you can complete and enjoy the day.
Whether you're a novice cyclist looking to build distance and confidence or an experienced rider looking to increase your speed and meet more people taking on the event, we've got you covered. We will have 3 - 6 different ability groups so all levels are catered for. Our experience rider leaders have all ridden the route many times, so will be on hand to dish out training advice and tips.
Starting at The Dynamo in Putney we'll meet for a quick coffee and a ride safety briefing/group riding rules chat before splitting into multiple speed groups and heading out on the ride. The more advanced groups will cover more distance at higher speeds, while the novice groups will go slower over a shorter distance. We'll then head back to The Dynamo in Putney for pizza and more training chat and socialising
*Route & Group Info:
Groups are based on average speed and distance. Groups 1 and 2 will ride further and faster. Below is a rough guide to the average speeds of the groups for the day. Average speed relates to the overall speed for the whole ride. If you are unsure about your average speed please Email Us to check what group you should be in.
Groups 1 & 2 (Intermediate & upper Int) - Avg speed 22-24kph (13-15mph
Groups 3 & 4 (Medium & Steady) - Avg spped 18 - 20kph (11-12mph)
Groups 5 & 6 (Beginner & Super Beg) - Avg spped 15 - 17kph (10-11mph)
To join the ride just select your speed group and click 'sign up' above. a £1 donation will be made in your name to BHF for the ride.
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. You can also see what our members say about us by reading our Google reviews - Click Here.
Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.