- Sunday 2nd June
- 8:30am meet @ The Dynamo, Putney (map link)
- Ride safety briefing 8:50am, depart at 9am
- 'Blue level' ride (Beginner) - Click Here for Details
- Perfect for anyone new to cycling (or not ridden a bike since childhood ;)
- Route Details & GPX below*
- Route distance increases each ride
- Select date from drop down above and sign up
- Coffee & cake stop halfway
- Beginner level ride (19kph/11mph average speed)
- No drop policy - no one left behind
- Professional ride leaders to guide/assist you
- Beginner tips & training on offer for new riders
- Perfect practise for London To Brighton Bike Ride
- Return to The Dynamo in Putney after each ride
- Post ride socialising @ The Dynamo (optional)
- Full details emailed to you 24 Hours before
- £1 from your ride fee donated to BHF on your behalf
Become a member (£9.99 p/m) and get this ride included
Train For London To Brighton With A Fun Cycling Group!
The British Heart Foundation London to Brighton Bike Ride on the 16th June 2019 is a fantastic event, a tough challenge and really rewarding day out on the bike. We're incredibly pleased to be teaming up with British Heart Foundation to help you to train for the event so you can complete and enjoy the day.
These London group rides are the perfect way for new and beginner cyclists to train for the London to Brighton bike ride. Our series of 4 rides will increase in distance each time, getting you ready for the event on the 16th June. Club members get this ride for free as part of their membership (£9.99 pm).
The 'Blue Group' is ideal for beginners, new riders and anyone worried about distance and speed. You don't have to have a fancy bike or all the gear, just two wheels, a helmet and the desire to learn! For more difficulty level Click Here.
*Blue Group Routes & Distance Details:
|Ride #4: Sun 2nd June
||72km (45 miles)
Please select the date(s) you can ride from the drop down above and click 'sign up'. We'll then send you more info 24 hours before the ride.
This ride is perfect for beginner riders who have little to no experience of cycling, and are looking to get help with the basics of cycling. Our experienced rider leaders will cover beginner cycling tips and be on hand to answer your questions. As part of a beginner cycling group you'll learn how to cycle in London, and increase fitness, speed and cycling knowledge.
Alongside these weekend rides we will also be running midweek 'beginner laps' to improve your group riding, fitness and skill. These are perfect if you don't feel ready to join a group ride - we'll practise very beginner cycling in a safe space - Click Here for details.
Starting at The Dynamo in Putney we'll have a quick coffee and go through a ride safety briefing, including group riding rules & tips, before splitting into groups and heading out on the ride. You'll be led on mostly quiet roads and lanes by a professional ride leader. We'll stop for coffee in the countryside before heading back to The Dynamo in Putney for pizza and more training chat and socialising.
To join the ride just select your speed group and click 'sign up' above. a £1 donation will be made in your name to BHF for the ride.
Become a club member for £9.99 per month and get this ride for free - Click Here
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. You can also see what our members say about us by reading our Google reviews - Click Here.
Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.