- Sunday 2nd June
- Meet @ Colicci Cafe, Richmond Park (map link)
- Meet @ 9am, start riding @ 9:30am
- Group laps of Richmond Park with beginner tips
- 2-4 laps depending on time and speed (20-40km)
- Distance will increase each week
- Perfect for very beginner riders and new cyclists looking to build confidence
- Practise group riding and work on speed and fitness
- Select date from the drop down above and sign up
- Professional ride leaders to assist training
- Helmet mandatory - the rest is up to you!
- No drop policy - no one left behind
- Perfect practise for London To Brighton Bike Ride
- Post laps socialising @ Collicci Cafe
- Free parking at cafe (or train station close by)
- Full details emailed to you 24 Hours before
- £1 from your ride fee donated to BHF on your behalf
Become a member (£9.99 p/m) and get this ride included
- January membership offer - 1 month free - Click here for details!
Learn How To Cycle In A Group With Beginner Training Laps
The British Heart Foundation London to Brighton Bike Ride on the 16th June 2019 is a fantastic event, a tough challenge and really rewarding day out on the bike. We're incredibly pleased to be teaming up with British Heart Foundation to help you to train for the event so you can complete and enjoy the day.
Cycling in Richmond Park is the perfect way to train for an event like the BHF London to Brighton bike ride, especially if you're a beginner cyclist. The park is quiet, fairly car free and one of the best places to cycle in London. It is the ideal training ground to build your confidence whilst increasing your distance.
Club members get this ride for free as part of their membership (£9.99 pm). In January we are running a '3 months for the price of 2' offer. Click Here for details. Select the date you want to ride from the drop down above and click 'sign up'.
This ride is perfect for completely beginner riders who are looking to learn how to cycle properly and to increase their confidence whilst riding on the road and in traffic. It's also a great way to meet and train with other people who are taking on BHF London to Brighton Bike Ride.. Our experienced ride leaders will be on hand to dish out training advice and tips and answer any questions about the event you have.
Meeting at the Colicci Cafe in Richmond Park we'll run through a quick ride safety briefing before splitting into groups and heading out for laps. This is a 'no drop' ride meaning no one gets left behind. Post laps there is the option to head back to the cafe for coffee and more training chat and socialising.
All bike types are welcome on this ride (you don't need a road bike or all the lycra kit - whatever is comfortable for you) Helmets are mandatory and anyone without one won't be able to take part. We also ask that you have a road legal bike (i.e. one with working brakes). Again our ride leader team will be able to help assess your bike before the ride starts.
Become a club member for £9.99 per month and get this ride for free - Click Here
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. You can also see what our members say about us by reading our Google reviews - Click Here.
Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.