- Sat 27th April - Sun 2nd June 2019
- 8:30am meet @ The Dynamo, Putney (map link)
- Ride safety briefing 8:45am, depart at 8:50am
- 'Yellow level ride' (Novice) - Click Here for Full Details
- Route Details & GPX below*
- Route distance increases each ride (see below)
- Select date(s) from drop down above and sign up
- Coffee & cake stop halfway
- Moderate level ride (22kph/13mph average speed)
- Perfect for newer/novice riders with reasonable fitness level
- No drop policy - no one left behind
- Professional ride leaders to guide/assist you
- Tips & training on offer for those who want them
- Great training for London To Brighton Bike Ride
- Return to The Dynamo in Putney after each ride
- Post ride socialising @ The Dynamo (optional)
- Full details emailed to you 24 Hours before
- £1 from your ride fee donated to BHF on your behalf
Become a member (£9.99 p/m) and get this ride included
Join A Beginners Bike Ride To Train For London To Brighton!
The British Heart Foundation London to Brighton Bike Ride on the 16th June 2019 is a fantastic event, a tough challenge and really rewarding day out on the bike. We're incredibly pleased to be teaming up with British Heart Foundation to help you to train for the event so you can complete and enjoy the day.
These London group rides are the perfect way for moderately experienced cyclists to train for the London to Brighton bike ride. Our series of 4 rides will increase in distance each time, getting you ready for the event on the 16th June. Club members get this ride for free as part of their membership (£9.99 pm).
The 'Yellow Group' is ideal for newer and novice riders who might be commuting, cycling semi regularly and who have a reasonable level of fitness. You don't have to have a fancy bike or all the gear, just two wheels, a helmet and the desire to learn! For full difficulty level information Click Here.
*Routes & Distance Details:
|Date (8:30am - 1pm)
|Ride #1: Sat 27th April
||43km (26 miles)
|Ride #2 Sun 5th May
||58km (35 miles)
|Ride #3 Sat 18th May
||64km (40 miles)
|Ride #4 Sun 2nd June
Please select the date(s) you can ride from the drop down above and click 'sign up'. We'll then send you more info 24 hours before the ride.
This ride is perfect for moderate level riders who have a good level of fitness and some experience of cycling. Our experienced rider leaders will be on hand to answer your questions and help you to improve your cycling. As part of a beginner cycling group you'll learn how to cycle in London, and increase fitness, speed and cycling knowledge. Click Here for full difficulty level details.
Alongside these weekend rides we will also be running midweek 'training laps' of Richmond Park to improve your group riding ability. These are perfect for increasing your speed and fitness - Click Here for full details.
Starting at The Dynamo in Putney we'll have a quick coffee and go through a ride safety briefing, including group riding rules & tips, before splitting into groups and heading out on the ride. You'll be led on mostly quiet roads and lanes by a professional ride leader. We'll stop for coffee in the countryside before heading back to The Dynamo in Putney for pizza and more training chat and socialising.
To join the ride just select your speed group and click 'sign up' above. a £1 donation will be made in your name to BHF for the ride.
Become a club member for £9.99 per month and get this ride for free - Click Here
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. You can also see what our members say about us by reading our Google reviews - Click Here.
Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.