- Wednesday 24th Oct @ 7am
- Meet at The Black Lab Cafe, Clapham Common (Map Link)
- Coffee & theory lesson @ 7am, leave 7:30am
- Learn how to commute safely in London
- Support from professional ride leader
- Ride to The City (Bank) from Clapham (to work)
- Learn how to cycle safely in Traffic & with other people
- Everyone welcome - all levels from complete beginner upwards
- All bike & kit types suitable
- Helmets mandatory, the rest is up to you
- Sign up above and we'll email you more details
Learn How To Commute Safely In London!
Cycling in London is the best way to get around town. Quicker, healthier and way more fun than the Northern Line, learning to commute in London can open up a huge number of possibilities. However, cycling in London can be daunting if you're new to the city or cycling (or both!) Our 'Commuter Club' is the best way to learn how to cycle to work safely.
We will meet for coffee in Clapham Common and run through the 'theory of cycling safely in London. Our professional ride leaders will run through top tips to stay safe cycling in traffic, what roads & cycle paths to use and how to use Google Maps on your phone.
After going through some theory over coffee we will ride slowly from Clapham along the super cycle highway up to London Bridge & Bank. This is a very popular route to The City and a great one to practise commuting on. This is a great chance to practise the route 'live' with the support of a group and ride leader.
There will be a Dirty Wknd ride leader present to guide & help you at all times. They will demonstrate the theory they explained at the cafe, so you can emulate their behaviour on the road. The ride leader will meet at the cafe - just look out for the black and white kit.
All riders and bike types are welcome, especially new riders. We're very welcoming and open to new riders, so if you're worried or unsure, please email us (below) and we will answer any questions you might have.
To register simply click 'Sign Up' above. You will be sent more information (what to bring etc) around 48 hours before the event.
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.
Look forward to seeing you there!