- Saturday 3rd Nov @ 8:30am - 11am
- Meet at Collici Cafe, Richmond Park (Map Link)
- 30 minute cycling safety briefing (over coffee)
- Basic bike run down, including gears & brakes
- Cycling skills session in the park with theory & demonstrations
- Practical lessons on all things covered
- Including climbing (+ standing up), descending, cornering & changing gear
- Laps of the park to finish off the session (and practise)
- Followed up with optional coffee & more chat
- All bike/kit types welcome - helmets are mandatory
- Get this ride for free as a club member - Click Here for details
Join A Cycling Skills Session To Improve Your Riding!
Our friendly and fun cycling skills sessions are the best way to learn how to cycle in London. You will be given a full briefing on how to cycle safely, both in traffic and with other cyclists. We'll then go over how the bike works (focusing on the brakes and gears) before doing some cycling skills in Richmond Park.
After learning how the bike works & some cycling theory we'll move onto cycling skills like how to start moving, how to start on a hill, how to change gear properly and how to corner safely. We'll also cover how to climb in and out of the saddle and how to descend safely. Once we've practised these skills in the relative quiet of the ballet school loop we'll do 1 - 2 laps of the park before heading back to the cafe for coffee and more bike chat.
This cycling skills session is open to all but aimed at newer riders and those looking to learn. Cycling in Richmond Park is the the perfect place for new cyclists who are looking to learn new skills to build confidence on the bike. It's also a great way to meet more cyclists in London and get some fresh air
You don't have to have a road bike or all the lycra gear (or proper cycling shoes) if you don't have it; you just need two wheels, a helmet and some comfortable gym clothes. We do recommend that you bring a few extra layers as there will be some standing at the side of the road watching demonstrations (it's also November!)
We're very welcoming and open to new riders, so if you're worried or unsure, please read this blog on the thoughts of one of our beginner members when she first joined. To register simply click 'Sign Up' above. Members get this session for free - just enter your membership code at checkout.
Become a member and get free club rides, awesome partner discounts and money off trips & club kit. More details - Click Here
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.
Look forward to seeing you there!