- Weds 1st - Sun 5th May 2019
- Guaranteed start place in the Granfondo Costa Almeria
- 4-5 days riding, with the Granfondo on Sat 26th May
- Choice of 208km/3600m route, or 120km/1700m route
- Guided rides with Dan Kogan from Sigma Sports on other days
- 4* Marina Playa hotel accommo in Mojacar
- Heart of the action - hotel is also Granfondo HQ
- Half board - Breakfast & dinner included
- Unique GFCA 2018 cycling jersey by Decca
- Official GFCA goodie bag inc. bidon, washbag, GFCA rucksack, finisher's T-Shirt, and finisher's medal
- Post Granfondo 'Paella Party' inc. DJ set on the beach
- Airport transfers to/from Alicante
- Full Price - £475 (£540 single room)
- Read Rosie's report of the 2018 trip - Click Here
- Click 'sign up' and we will email you more info & payment details
Ride The Gran Fondo Almeria In Sunny Spain!
The Almeria region of southern Spain is fast becoming a pro training ground, with many of the Grand Tour teams (Lotto Jumbo, Movistar) taking advantage of the empty roads, beautiful scenery and challenging terrain. We're incredibly pleased to be teaming up with partners VeloHols again to bring you an incredible week riding in sunny Spain, including taking part in the Granfondo Costa Almeria. The 2018 Granfondo trip was incredible, and 2019 is going to be even better!
The 'main event' is the Granfondo on the middle Saturday, but there will be 3 days riding either side of the event (varying degrees of difficulty - see itinerary below). We will be guided around the area by Daniel Kogan of the Sigma Sport race team, who will be dishing out tips, advice and training ahead of the Granfondo. If you'd prefer to do your own thing on any days (shorter rides, rest days etc) then that is completely fine.
Not sure if you're up to the trip? Read Rosie's 'my first cycling holiday' blog from our 2018 trip - Read More
We will be staying in 4* hotel accommodation in the heart of Mojacar, where the Granfondo starts and finishes. We will be right in the thick of the action as the hotel is also the Granfondo HQ. Mojacar is also a lively hub with loads of great restaurants and shops. The beach is also a stones throw from the hotel, so it really is the perfect cycling accommodation in spain.
This trip is open to all levels and perfect for anyone looking for some sunny miles and a challenging (but doable) European Sportive. Velohols have been operating in the Almeria region of Spain for 10 years so know the place better than anyone!
Gran Fondo 2019 - 185 km - 4 may 2019 from Kortweg cycling travel on Vimeo.
Weds 1st May - Arrival and short spin to check bike builds and loosen legs. Coffee/beer/tapas stop in Garrucha Harbour.
Thurs 2nd May - Lotto Jumbo Training Ride. Play pro cyclist for the day on one of Lotto's amazing winter training rides.
Fri 3rd May - Short cafe ride in the morning (or rest day) and then spend the afternoon signing onto the Granfondo and soaking up the atmosphere. Bike check available.
Sat 4th May - The Granfondo! Ride the Granfondo throughout the day (choice of two distances) followed by a paella party on the beach afterwards
Sun 5th May - Rest day (or ride if you wish). Short coffee spin in the morning before packing up and shipping out.
*The above itinerary is and example of our 2018 trip, and may change. The itinerary is also customisable to a certain extent. If you wish to do something else on one of the days we will try arrange that for you.
As this is an affiliate partner trip you cannot pay on our site. However please 'sign up' above (you won't be charged) to register your interest. We will get in touch with more info and details of how to pay.
This trip does not include flights to and from Spain or any food and drink.
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us.