- Sunday 16th Sept @ 8:45am
- Meet at Horsham Train Station (Map Link)
- Get 7:40am train from Clapham Junction (or drive)
- Ride large parts of the Velo South route
- Route Details - Click Here
- Coffee stop halfway (Midhurst)
- Multiple speed groups if numbers allow (23-26kph)
- Select group from drop down above
- Return to Horsham Station Approx. 2pm
- Optional pot ride pub trip in Horsham
- Full details emailed 24 hours before
- Get this ride free as a club member (Click Here)
Recce The Velo South Route With Haute Route!
Velo South has been billed as 'the next Ride London' and is set to be a great day in the saddle. 100 miles on closed roads in the stunning South & North Downs is a huge challenge, so a course recce prior to the event is a must. We're very pleased to be teaming up with our partners Haute Route to bring you this Velo South Training Ride.
Starting at Horsham Station in Surrey we will ride large parts of the Velo South route so you can practise ahead of the big day. Due to ease from London we will not be starting at Goodwood (official start of the ride) and we won't do the whole route. This group ride will be a great way to practise large parts of the Velo South Route however.
It's up to you if you want to get the train to Horsham with us (7:40am train from Clapham Junction), or drive down. After the ride we'll finish up at a pub in Horsham for some quick food and a beer or two, before jumping on the train back to London. the pub is optional so you can shoot off as soon as we get back if you prefer.
This ride is open to all - members, non members (although it's free for members) and also non Velo South entrants. We operate a no drop policy, so no one gets left behind. This ride is perfect for any rider who are looking to increase their cycling speed, increase fitness and meet more cyclists in London.
Want to get this ride for free? Join the club and get free club rides, discounted trips and money off partner brands - Click Here
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. You can also see what our members say about us by reading our Google reviews - Click Here.
Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above. Click here to read about another beginner cyclist's experience with joining the group for the first time.