- Wednesday nights 7pm - 8pm
- Meet Trackside @ VeloPark (Map Link)
- £5 entry fee - pay at desk on arrival (and head through to track)
- Crit race training - ideal for anyone looking to get into racing/crits
- Race training & tips from our power partners Jam Cycling
- Learn how to get into racing - what licenses needed etc.
- Changing room & bag drop/lockers available
- Start before 7pm and stay later if you want
- Open to non racers too, but session has a 'race' focus
- Bike lights + helmet are mandatory
- Optional post laps beer/food @ Crate Brewery
Train For Crit Racing With Jam Cycling & Learn About Bike Racing
Bike racing in London is a great way to add a new dimension to your cycling and to try a new discipline. The London racing scene is also a brilliant community, with loads of races happening all through the year. If you're new to racing however it can be daunting. These 'race training laps' are perfect for anyone looking to get into racing or improve their technique and fitness. We're thrilled to have the guys from Jam Cycling join us to help you get into racing!
The Olympic Park Road Circuit is the perfect place to practise racing in London. Not only is it a flat, 1 mile loop of perfect tarmac, closed to cars and open until late (it's floodlit), Many of the London races are on this circuit, so knowing it insde out is a real bonus. This session is a great place to increase your speed and fitness whilst learning a bit of racing technique.
This session is open to all but it will have a racing theme. It is a not a coached session (we are not coaches!) but you will be able to pick up some tips and learning from the group. There will be some structured racing drills (cornering, drafting etc) followed by a race simulation to finish off. Points for race 'winners!'
We will meet by the benches next to the track, so pay your £5 at the reception and head through the tunnel to the track (ask for directions if unsure). There are lockers for bags etc. and changing rooms/showers/toilets. Optional post laps Crate session for beer/pizza if keen.
If you have any questions about these laps please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. You can also see what our members say about us by reading our Google reviews - Click Here.
Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.
Look forward to seeing you there!