- Sunday 26th April 2020 (all day event)
- Meet @ The Dynamo Cafe, Putney 7:30am - Map Link
- Route Details & GPX - Click Here
- Non-led Audax style event/sportive (no ride leader)
SHORT ROUTE - Ride to Brighton & Train return (90km)
- 'Instagram Checkpoints' - upload a photo to prove you're on course
- KOM/QOM points at Ditchling & Box Hill
- Homage to Liege - Bastogne - Liege Spring Classic Race
- All day adventure - we'll create groups where possible.
- Or form groups with your mates and plan to ride together
This is a self-led event. You'll need a GPS unit, map or to follow someone
- Return to Dynamo for prizes, pizza/beer and coverage of Liege
- Full route and event details sent out to you 48 Hrs before event
- Free for club members - Click Here for full membership info
Take On Our Version Of A Spring Classic With Wahoo!
The Spring Classics are a series of races that take place in Belgium at the beginning of the season. Famous for their tough reputation, Liege - Bastogne - Liege is the oldest Monument (known as La Doyenne, or "Old Lady"). To even finish a Classic is an achievement for a pro cyclist.
We could not let such an event go past without celebrating it in our own special way, so this year, on the same day as Liege, this Audax/sportive event is an homage to "The Old Lady". Riders will depart Putney Dynamo and head down to Brighton, stopping at 4 "Instagram Checkpoints" to stamp their virtual brevet cards.
Where and when you stop on the ride is up to you (we'll recommend some options). Whilst there are prizes for fastest times, KOM/QOM points, this is a 'social adventure' and one we hope you'll enjoy. If you want to smash it and create a course record, go for it. If you want to take your time and enjoy the awesome route, that's also fine.
Everyone is welcome to take on this challenge, however it is a very long, and pretty hilly ride, so we wouldn't recommend that complete beginners take part. It is also non-led, so you will need to navigate yourself for the entire ride (or follow someone).
We will provide you with GPX files, routes maps and other details, but part of the challenge is you're navigating yourself. We will also try and create groups at the cafe, however if you want to ride with your mates you're welcome to group up and ride together, just make sure everyone signs up to the event.
If you are unsure if this ride is suitable or if you have any questions then please email us or send us a Facebook message (below).
To register simply click 'sign up' above. The ride is free to club members, who also get 10-50% discounts with out partner brands. To become a member click here.
If you have any questions about the ride please email email@example.com. We'll be in touch by email 48 hours before the event with more details.
Please also read our Ride FAQ Page if you have any questions.