- Sunday 19th Aug @ 9am
- Roll out at 9:30am after safety briefing & coffee
- Meet at Look Mum No Hands, Old Street (Map Link)
- Ride 3 of Mira's '50 Mile Ride Series'
- Route Details - Click Here
- Build up to 50 miles over 4 rides
- Ride 3 = 40 miles flat(ish) terrain
- 2 groups (if numbers allow)
- Coffee & cake stop halfway
- Beginner tips & group riding practise
- Safety briefing + skills and tips included
- 4 rides (1 per week) in Aug, increasing in distance.
- Culminating in 50 mile group ride on Sat 25th Aug
- First ride? Enter your email in footer for a 'free ride code'
- Get all rides in the series free as a club member (£9.99 p/m)
- *You don't have to take part in all 4 rides if you don't wan to
Join A Beginner Group Ride In The Essex Lanes!
A few short months ago Mira was a total beginner to cycling. She had never ridden in a group before, couldn't ride up hills and wouldn't have dreamed of cycling 50 miles! Now she regularly goes out for long rides with the group, flies up hills and is taking on Ride London this year. We're vey pleased that she is going to be helping others by leading this 4 ride series to help you build up to riding 50 miles.
This beginner cycling series will take place over 4 weekends throughout August, and each ride will increase in distance by a small amount. The first ride (this one) will be 20 miles (35km) and the last one will be 50 miles (80km). By building up slowly each week, you will increase your cycling ability, speed and most importantly confidence. With Mira's guidance and support, and the camaraderie of the group, you will be able to cycle 50 miles by the end August. we promise!
Cycling in London can be a great way to get fitter, meet more people and explore beautiful countryside. It can be daunting however if you're new to cycling, and the best way to learn and improve is to join a beginner friendly group.
Each week, Mira will go through a safety briefing with you, including how to stay safe cycling and how well as tips on group cycling. Having experts to talk to and question, as well as other members of the group to learn from will improve your overall cycling more than anything else.
Starting at Look Mum No Hands in Old Street we'll ride up into Essex on quiet roads through stunning Epping Forest. We'll then stop for coffee & cake in the countryside, before riding back to Look Mum No Hands for well deserved refreshments and bike chat.
Come and join us to improve your cycling fitness and group riding techniques. It's also a great way to meet more cyclists in your area and to discover some of the best cycling routes in Essex! All bike, kit and rider types are welcome on this ride - you don't need all the gear, just a helmet, something comfortable to ride in and a willingness to learn. If you are at all unsure, please email us (below).
Get this ride for FREE with a Dirty Wknd Club Membership! Plus amazing benefits like 50% off servicing and discounted kit - become a member by Clicking Here.
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. You can also see what our members say about us by reading our Google reviews - Click Here.
Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above. If this is your first ride please email us (above) for a 'free ride' code
Look forward to seeing you there!