- Sunday 15th January @ 8:30am
- Roll out 9am after coffee & safety briefing
- Meet at The Dynamo, Putney (map link)
- Route Details - Click Here
- Blue, Yellow, Orange 'no drop' groups
- Groups led by DW ambassadors
- Meet members of the club & other new joiners
- Learn how to ride in a group with experienced riders
- Return to Dynamo approx. 11-12 (depending on group)
- Post ride drinks/food @ The Dynamo (optional)
- Ride details sent to you after sign up
* 30 day free membership trial in Jan. Get full access to this ride as a member, as well as all other rides & events for 30 days totally free. Click Here for more info.
Kick Off January With a Social Group Ride
Joining a London cycling club can be an intimidating prospect! How fast will the group be? Will I hold people up? Will people be nice?!
These are all questions that take us back to the playground, so we're running a very social 'taster' ride for anyone interested in finding out more about the community.
Our New Years Revolution ride series aims to help you ride more in January and meet lovely new cyclists near you at the same time. Everyone is welcome.
We'll ride to Ripley and Pinnocks Coffee house in multiple speed groups (see below) for coffee and cake, before returning to Dynamo.
This series is particularly good if you are a beginner/new rider looking to start/increase cycling in January and join a London group ride. If you aren't sure of the level/speed of the group then we can help.
There will be a Dirty Wknd ride ambassador present to help organise groups, answer questions and fix any issues you may have on the ride - you just have to turn up ready to ride!
We separate our groups by level and give each one a colour so you can pick the right group. It is usually possible to switch groups on the day so don't worry too much.
You can read more about our levels and average speed here, or email us for a chat.
- Blue group = super social and perfect for beginners. We'll aim for around 18-20kph average speed (12mph). 'No drop' ride so no one left behind
- Yellow group = Novice riders & new to group riding. Planned average speed of roughly 22kph (13mph). Perfect for new riders looking to try a group
- Orange group = intermediate riders. Average speed of 24kph (15mph) Good level of fitness and a bit of riding experience.
Pick your group from the drop down above when signing up. If you're still unsure then get in touch below for a chat
What equipment & bike type do I need:
Any bike type (hybrid/single speed etc) is very welcome as long as it has working brakes. Any comfortable clothes/gym kit is fine, you don't have to have cycling kit or all the lycra!
Trainers are also no problem, you don't have to have cycling shoes. It's very relaxed and informal, but again if you're unsure then email us.
The only thing we require is a helmet. The rest is up to you!
We're very welcoming and open to new riders and you will be emailed more info around 24 hours before the ride. If you're worried or unsure, please read this blog on the thoughts of one of our beginner members when she first joined.
To register simply follow the sign up process and pick a group.
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.
Look forward to seeing you there!