- Saturday 25th Jan @ 8am (roll out 8:15am)
- Meet at Four Boroughs, Crystal Palace (Map Link)
- Route Details - Click Here
- Hell Of The Ashdown sportive
- Ride large parts of the route and key hills
- Cafe stop halfway in Kent (Ide Hill)
- Int/Adv level ride - 24kph avg (with hills)
- Ride leader - Dave F (Strava Profile)
- Optional post ride beers/coffee @ Four Boroughs
- Open to non HOTA riders too
- Full details emailed 24 hours before the ride
- Free for club members (Click Here)
- First ride? Insert email in footer for 'free ride code'
Recce The HOTA Sportive Route & Kent Hills!
The Hell Of The Ashdown Sportive is THE season opener and one of the best sportives 2020. A short ride, drive or train from London, it's a great event for south east cyclists looking to take on some early season hills.
This recce ride will take on parts of the route one week before the event itself, giving you the best preparation to take on the Kent hills. Starting at Four Boroughs we'll ride out the Ridge to take on some of the HOTA climbs, stop for coffee and then return to Four Boroughs for a beer.
This is an intermediate to advanced level ride. The average speed will be roughly 24kph which is quite fast given the hilly profile (over 1000 metres of elevation). This ride isn't suitable for new and beginner riders, and if you're unsure about your level please message us (below) to check.
Club members get this ride included as part of their membership (£9.99 pm), and you can get a free month by signing up to the club in Jan. Click Here For Details
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. You can also see what our members say about us by reading our Google reviews - Click Here.
Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above. Click here to read about another beginner cyclist's experience with joining the group for the first time.