- Monday 26th Aug @ 8am (roll out 8:15am)
- Meet @ The Dynamo, Putney (Map Link)
- Route details - Click Here
- Staples Lane, Crocknorth & Box Hill
- Cafe stop @ Destination Bike (halfway)
- 'Red Level' ride - Click Here for level details
- Planned Average speed of 25kph
- Non led ride - you need the route (above) on your device/phone
- Group will be organised at start, but no dedicated leader
- The group will lead/navigate itself as a team
- Return to The Dynamo approx. 1-2pm
- Full details emailed 24 Hrs before ride
- First ride? Add email below for a first ride free code
Become a member and get this ride for free (£9.99pm)
Take On 3 Surrey Hills Including Box This Bank Holiday!
Taking on a London Group Ride when you'd normally be at work is a great feeling, and it's even better when you head out to the famous Box Hill! This Bank Holiday Monday group ride is the best way to spend an extra day off work!
Quiet country lanes dominate this wonderful Box Hill cycling route. It's a great training ground for London cyclists and one of our favourite London cycling routes. Box Hill is a famous climb in the south west, and one everyone should attempt many many times.
Starting at The Dynamo for coffee, we'll ride out into the Surrey countryside to take on 3 hills, culminating with Box Hill itself. We'll then wind our way back to Putney for optional pizza and hanging out. This is an 'Red' level ride meaning it's suitable for advanced level riders only. Please note this ride is non led. You will be organised into a group at the start, but it will be up to the group as whole to navigate the route, so please make sure you have it downloaded (link above).
The ride does have a planned average speed of 25kph so we do not recommend it for beginner or novice riders, due to the number of hills & average speed. We have yellow & orange rides on the same day which may be more suitable if you're worried about pace. If you're at all unsure if this ride is suitable for you please email us or message on Facebook (below) to have a chat about level.
Get this ride for free as a Dirty Wknd Club Member (just £9.99 a month), plus discounts on our other awesome partner brands (Wahoo, Cycle Republic, Yellow Jersey + more) - Click Here
To register simply click 'Sign Up' above. If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.
Members need to add their 'Ride Number' at the checkout to reduce the fee to zero. If this is your first ride with us then please add your email in the footer below for your 'First Ride Free' code.
Look forward to seeing you there!