- Saturday 6th July @ 8am
- 8:20am ride briefing, 8:30am roll out
- Meet at The Dynamo, Putney (Map Link)
- Red & Orange Groups - Route Details: Click Here
- Yellow & Blue Groups - Route Details: Click Here
- Multiple groups (blue = 22kph up to Red = 26kph)*
- Full 'colour' and group details - Click Here
- Select speed group from drop down (above)
- Cafe stop @ Newland's Corner
- Practise parts of the Ride London route ahead of the event
- No drop policy - no one gets left behind
- Return to Dynamo for brunch/pizza and Ride London chat
- Full details emailed 24 Hrs before ride
- Open to all (not just Ride London entrants)
- First ride? Enter your email in footer for 'free ride code'
Become a member & get this ride free + partner discounts
Take on Newland's Corner - Hill #1 On Ride London Route!
Ride London is the biggest sportive in the world and a challenging event for any cyclist. Our Ride London Training Series is the perfect way to train and prepare for the big day. This will be a series of weekend and mid week rides that will help build you up to riding 100 miles, as well as taking in some key parts of the course (the hills!)
Newland's Corner falls at exactly half way around the Ride London route and is the first big test on the ride. At around 1.5km long and an average gradient of about 8%, it's a tough climb. Practising it before the big day is a must in any Ride London training plan.
This Ride London training ride will take in large parts of the route, including Newland's Corner, which is the first 'proper hill' on the Ride London route. We'll stop for coffee and cake at the top, before winding back through Surrey Lanes to finish up at the Dynamo for the usual pizza and Ride London training chat
Difficulty Level & Groups:
To sign up for the ride just select your 'ride level' from above and sign up. In order to separate riders into speed and ability groups, we use a colour system. Red groups are the most advanced, followed by Orange (intermediate), Yellow (novice) and finally Blue (beginner). For this ride the groups will aim to average around 25-26kph for the Red group, 24kph for Orange, 23kph for Yellow and 21-22kph for Blue. For full details of what that means + more difficulty level info please Click Here
Everyone is welcome on this ride (you don't have to be doing Ride London) but at 100km it's a tough test. Tips and training will be given to anyone who wants it, and there is a cafe at the top of the hill, but we recommned that you've attended the prior training rides (or have experience riding around 100km in groups before). If you're unsure please email us or message us on Facebook (below)
Get this ride for free as a Dirty Wknd Club Member (£9.99 per month), plus 10-50% discounts on our awesome partner brands - Click Here
To register simply select your speed group and click 'Sign Up' above. If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.
Dirty Wknd club members need to add their 'Ride Code' at the checkout to reduce the fee to zero. If this is your first ride with us please enter your email into the box below to get your 'free ride' code.