- Weds 19th June: 7pm - 8:30pm
- Meet at The Dynamo, Putney (Map Link)
- Hill reps of 'The Wimbleburgs'
- Practise reps of Wimbledon Hill (on the RL route)
- All levels welcome - Multiple groups
- Red to Blue groups (we'll form up at the cafe)
- Tips and training available for all
- Read out beginner climbing tips - Click Here
- Perfect practise for Ride London entrants
- Optional drink/pizza at the Dynamo after
- No bag drop on this ride
- Full details emailed 24 Hrs before
- First ride? Enter your email in footer for 'free ride code'
Become a member & get this ride free + partner discounts
Practise Wimbledon Hill And Train For Ride London!
Ride London is a brilliant sportive taking place on the 4th of August and our Ride London Training Series is the perfect way to train and prepare. This will be a series of weekend and mid week rides that will help build you up to riding 100 miles, as well as taking in some key parts of the course (the hills!)
This ride is the perfect compliment to your weekend training rides, as the hills are often the hardest part of the Ride London route for many cyclists. Short, intense and specific hill training is the best way to improve your hill climbing, and therefore train for Ride London. And there is no better way to practise than by doing hill reps of Wimbledon Hill (the final hill on the Ride London route).
Training and tips will be available from our ride leaders and they will help you to ride up hill faster and more efficiently, as well as provide other training and nutrition tips. This ride is a hills training ride, but it is still a fun and social ride with a no drop policy that is open to all levels of cyclist, especially beginners.
We will do reps of Edge Hill (very similar to Wimbledon Hill just quieter) before doing a couple of Wimbledon Hill reps when the traffic has died down. Once we've had our fill of hills, we'll return to the Dynamo to get our fill of pizza!
Get this ride for free as a Dirty Wknd Club Member (£9.99 p/m), plus up to 50% discounts on our awesome partner brands - Click Here
To register simply click 'Sign Up' above. If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.
Look forward to seeing you there!