- Weds 26th June: 6:45pm - 9pm
- Roll out at 7pm after chaingang briefing
- Meet at The Dynamo, Putney (Map Link)
- Chertsey Chaingang - advanced group riding skills
- Red & Orange groups Route details - Click Here
- Yellow & Blue groups Route details- Click Here
- Practise early parts of the Ride London route
- Average group speeds 24ph (Blue) up to 29kph (Red)
- Tips and training available for all
- Get comfortable riding in a close & moving group
- Bag drop available at The Dynamo (pick up after)
- Optional drink/pizza at the Dynamo after
- Full details emailed 24 Hrs before
- First ride? Enter your email in footer for 'free ride code'
Become a member & get this ride free + partner discounts
Learn How To Chaingang On A Ride London Training Ride!
One of the key tips for enjoying Ride London is to get comfortable riding in a close group. You and 25000 other riders will be taking to the streets of London & Surrey, so practising riding in a group is vital. This ride will practise group riding and advanced techniques like chaingang rotations and through and off.
As the ride also starts off on parts of the official route, it's a great chance to practise the early route on a London group ride. You'll get to ride the exact roads you'll be doing on the sportive, whilst staring at the lycra clad butt of your ride buddies - just like on the day itself!
Training and tips will be available from our ride leaders and they will help you to get comfortable riding in a group, as well as provide other training and nutrition tips. Despite practising advanced riding techniques, this is still a social ride with a no drop policy that is open to all levels of cyclist, especially beginners.
Difficulty Level & Groups:
To sign up for the ride just select your 'ride level' from above and sign up. In order to separate riders into speed and ability groups, we use a colour system. Red groups are the most advanced, followed by Orange (intermediate), Yellow (novice) and finally Blue (beginner). For this ride the groups will aim to average around 27kph for the Red group, 25kph for Orange, 23kph for Yellow and 21kph for Blue. For full details of what that means + more difficulty level info please Click Here
The ride will end at The Dynamo as usual for pizza and Ride London chat. If you can stick around to hang out with the group that's great, but if you need to shoot off that's fine also.
Become a Dirty Wknd Club Member and get this ride free, as well as all the other group rides in the series. More details here - Click Here
To register simply click 'Sign Up' above. If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.
Look forward to seeing you there!