The weekend will comprise a mix of watching the Tour de Yorkshire and cycling some of the route as well as other great roads. On the rides there will be 2 ride groups heading in the same direction, with one group for intermediate/advanced riders and a second group covering less distance at a slower pace! Riders will get to witness as much as the professional race as possible (depending on the route). You'll also get to see the riders at close quarters. If you’ve never witnessed this before, it’s a great experience and carries a real buzz!
Our partners Yorkshire Velo Tours will be taking care of all of the logistics and organisation of the weekend, and as such will take care of payment details. By signing up to the trip above you're agreeing that we may share your email address with them. They will then get in touch wth you to offer more details.
• Friday - Ideally travel to Ilkley early Friday morning and check in to the B&B. 50km ride to watch stage 2 of the men's TDY pass by. Return to Ilkley for drinks and dinner
• Saturday - Breakfast, group ride including part of the TDY route as well as some of the 2014 Tour de France route. 2 groups/distances with coffee stops.
• Saturday evening - Group evening dinner at a local independent restaurant. If you prefer to eat separately arrangements can be made.
• Sunday - Breakfast, group ride to the fearsome 'Park Rash' climb (up to you if you want to attempt it before the pros), watch the pros climb the steep gradients within touching distance, return to Ilkely
• Sunday Evening - Optional group dinner or chill out at B&B
• Monday - Breakfast, early morning ride & departure
*2018 TDY Trip Reviews:
"Had an excellent time with Yorkshire Velo Tours. It was professionally led and having a support vehicle is a wonderful experience. We were superbly led by the ride leaders and the support mechanic was also ace." Ryen
"We were blessed with stunning weather for the Tour de Yorkshire race weekend, and the ride leaders knew exactly where we should be for the best cycling and spectating experience. I am not the fastest thing on 2 wheels (up hills), so on at least one occasion I gratefully climbed aboard Chris' excellent support vehicle. The great thing is you can really go for it knowing there is a get out if your legs fail you! Also, as a solo traveller I was made to feel very welcome. I would highly recommend Yorkshire Velo Tours - they know all the best routes and cafes!” Joanna
- Train from Kings Cross - Approx. 3.5 hours
- Drive Approx. 4 hours (depending on traffic). Where possible we will try and help people 'car share' to reduce costs.
- Once you have booked we will liaise with you directly re. transport options
Please note that this trip does not include any travel, food (except breakfast) or bike hire. Personal insurance is also not provided but recommended.
If you have any questions before booking please message us (below) or email email@example.com. This trip is open to all, but if you're unsure of your level please get in touch :)
As a partner of ours we have already negotiated the price down to as low as possible for this trip with YVT - so your membership discount code is not applicable for this weekend.