- Thurs 2nd to Mon 6th May 2019
- 4 nights/4 days cycling with varying distances & elevation
- Dirty Wknd Member Price - £875 (£70 off)
- Just 4 sports remaining - 1st come 1st served
- Point to point ride (see itinerary below)
- 3-4* hotels at every destination
- Full mechanic/van support & bag transfer
- Qualified & professional ride leaders
- Return transfers to/from Airport
- Climb Mount Etna on the final day
- Varied terrain, open to wide range of abilities
- Full trip brochure (with routes) - Click Here
- Sign up above (no charge) for more information
- Organised and delivered by our partners Viva Velo
Tour Beautiful Sicily And Climb Mount Etna!
The island of Sicily is one of the most incredible places o earth to ride a bike. Small enough to cover large parts of the island in a short space of time, but with varied terrains, and hugely steeped in cycling history. Palumbo, Puccio & Aru to name but a few all cut their teeth on the island, and now you get to follow in their footsteps.
This rich cycling tradition might make you think that you have to be some sort of pro to cycle in Sicily, but the opposite is actually true. With plenty of beautiful flat roads, to balance out the climbing days, this varied trip is open to all. With two rider leaders per group and the support van, you'll also always be looked after by the Viva Velo team.
This trip is a 'point to point' ride, which means a new destination every night, as you tour your way around the island. Your belongings will be transported by the support van, leaving you free to enjoy the ride. All hotels are top end 3 and 4 star, with breakfast included.
Each day we will ride through glorious Sicilian landscapes stopping for coffee and lunch in traditional villages. The routes have been tried and tested by Viva Velo so you can be confident you'll be shown the best of the island. Each evening we'll taste the unique Sicilian cuisine (and no small amount of the local wine!)
You will be picked up and returned to the airport by Viva Velo
The price for this trip is normally £945, but members can get a special discounted price of £865.
If you have any questions about the trip please Email Us.
By signing up for more information (you won't be charged at this point) you agree to let us send your email onto the trip organiser Viva Velo. They will then send you more details, including how to confirm your place and pay the deposit.
- 02.05.19 Arrive Palermo*. Prepare bikes. Palermo to Castellammare (35 km - 350 m)
- 03.05.19 Castellamare to Mazara (115 km - 750 m)
- 04.05.19 Mazara to Agrigento (124 km - 1120 m)
- 05.05.19 Agrigento to Piazza Armarina (117 km - 1950 m)
- 06.05.19 Piazza Armarina to Etna (97 km - 2200 m) Depart Catania*
*BA fly to Palermo from Heathrow with a flight arriving at 11.30 on May 2 and a return flight to Gatwick departing from Catania at 19.50 on May 6 and we require clients to ensure they book these flights or others arriving/departing at similar times.Payment & More Information
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us.
The above price does not include flights, bike hire (if needed) and lunch/dinner or drinks.