- Sunday 22nd April (all day event)
- Meet @ The Dynamo Cafe, Putney 7:30am to 8am - Map Link
- Route Details & GPX - Click Here
- Sponsored by Wahoo - 20 ELEMNT units available to use*
- Non-led Audax style event/sportive
- 'Instagram Checkpoints' - upload a photo to prove you're on course
- KOM/QOM points at Ditchling & Box Hill w/ prizes
- Overall prizes for 'winners', w/ other 'bonus prizes'
- Feed stop (lunch/coffee/energy) @ N+1 Cafe in Brighton (included)
- Homage to Liege - Bastogne - Liege Spring Classic Race
- All day adventure - we'll create groups where possible.
- Or form groups with your mates and plan to ride together
This is a self-led event. You'll need a GPS unit, map or to follow someone (limited GPS units available from Wahoo). Map sheets provided.
- Return to Dynamo for prizes, pizza/beer and coverage of Liege
- Full route and event details sent out to you 48 Hrs before event
Take On Our Version Of A Spring Classic With Wahoo!
The Spring Classics are a series of races that take place in Belgium at the beginning of the season. Famous for their tough reputation, Liege - Bastogne - Liege is the oldest Monument (known as La Doyenne, or "Old Lady"). To even finish a Classic is an achievement for a pro. We are incredibly pleased to be working with our partners Wahoo on this epic event!
We could not let such an event go past without celebrating it in our own special way, so this year, on the same day as Liege, we will be running our first Audax/sportive event in homage to "The Old Lady". Riders will depart Putney Dynamo and head down to Brighton, stopping at 4 "Instagram Checkpoints" to stamp their virtual brevet cards. The riders with the quickest ride time, who have uploaded 4 selfies to Instagram, will win a prize (with added bonus prizes TBD).
There will be a pre-set feed stop in at N+1 Cycles in Brighton where lunch/coffee/energy will be laid on for you. Where you stop other than that is up to you. Whilst there are prizes for fastest times, KOM/QOM points, this is a 'social adventure' and one we hope you'll enjoy. If you want to smash it and create a course record, go for it. If you want to take your time and enjoy the awesome route, that's also fine.
Everyone is welcome to take on this challenge, however it is a very long, and pretty hilly ride, so we wouldn't recommend that complete beginners take part. It is also non-led, so you will need to navigate yourself for the entire ride (or follow someone). We will provide you with GPX files, routes maps and other details, but part of the challenge is you're navigating yourself. We will also try and create groups at the cafe, however if you want to ride with your mates you're welcome to group up and ride together, just make sure everyone signs up to the event.
*Booking a Wahoo ELEMNT
To book out a wahoo ELEMENT for the day, pre loaded with the route and synced to your strava account, you need to email us (below). There are only 20 available so you'll need to be quick. We also request that you bring your passport as a deposit, which will be safely stored with a member of our staff at the Dynamo for when you return.
If you are unsure if this ride is suitable or if you have any questions then please email us or send us a Facebook message (below).
To register simply click 'sign up' above. Members get £5 off this ride as part of their membership. To become a member click here.
Ticket price includes route plan, organisation and lunch/energy products in Brighton.
If you have any questions about the ride please email email@example.com. We'll be in touch by email 48 hours before the event with more details.
Please also read our Ride FAQ Page if you have any questions.