- Sign up for a free trial ride in your area
- Try out the community and group riding for free
- We'll get in touch with more details after you sign up
- Route & group details will depend on the week/weekend
- Blue, Yellow, Orange 'no drop' groups available
- Explore the best tried and tested routes in the area
- Meet members of the club & other new joiners
- Learn how to ride in a group with experienced riders
- Optional post ride drinks/food & socialising
- Ride details sent to you after sign up
- Any ride questions you can always get in touch
Try out the community with a free trial ride
Joining a London cycling club can be an intimidating prospect! How fast will the group be? Will I hold people up? Will I get on with other members?
We're pretty sure you'll meet great people and find a ride group to suit you, but it is a very legitimate worry for most. That's why we try to give every new joiner a 'taster' ride as a way to find out more about the community and try out a ride.
These are by no means 'try out' rides, we don't do that. But they are a great opportunity for you to meet some of the group, assess the various levels of the groups and explore some good routes in your area.
Sign up below for the area of your choice (if your area isn't listed then email us) and we'll get in touch with details of what rides are available when. We can then organise your trial based on what works best for you.
We separate our groups by level and give each one a colour so you can pick the right group. We can't guarantee that every level will be available in each location every week, but we try to have a good mix at all times.
You can read more about our levels and average speed here, or email us for a chat.
- Blue group = super social and perfect for beginners. We'll aim for around 18-20kph average speed (12mph). 'No drop' ride so no one left behind
- Yellow group = Novice riders & new to group riding. Planned average speed of roughly 22kph (13mph). Perfect for new riders looking to try a group
- Orange group = intermediate riders. Average speed of 24kph (15mph) Good level of fitness and a bit of riding experience.
Group choice is up to you. If you're brand new to cycling we'd syggest starting with a blue ride. If you've ridden a bit and want to try a group, then blue or yellow. If you've got group experience and a good level of fitness then yellow or orange.
What equipment & bike type do I need:
Any bike type (hybrid/single speed etc) is very welcome as long as it has working brakes. Any comfortable clothes/gym kit is fine, you don't have to have cycling kit or all the lycra!
Trainers are also no problem, you don't have to have cycling shoes. It's very relaxed and informal, but again if you're unsure then email us.
The only thing we require is a helmet. The rest is up to you!
These rides are for more experienced riders, with a higher average speed, so we recommend riding a working road bike (or gravel bike if it's a gravel ride), lycra clothing and clipless pedals. Howver, if you're very fit and confident and you don't have the above, you'd be welcome to join an orange group.
We're very welcoming and open to new riders and you can always get in touch for a chat. If you're worried or unsure, please read this blog on the thoughts of one of our beginner members when she first joined.
To register simply follow the sign up process above.
If you have any questions please read our FAQ Section, or Email Us. Friends are of course welcome (the more the merrier) but please make sure they also sign up to the event above.
Look forward to seeing you there!